To prevent fungal infection of the feet it is necessary to apply a suitable routine. Elimination of these infections is slow and prevention is as important as a cure.
The main cause of fungal foot infection is sweating, especially in the summer, as it creates an environment conducive to the fungus reproducing easily. So we recommend you take these preventive measures in the summer months.
Here are 7 basic routines that you can follow to prevent the appearance of fungus on your feet and get to the root of this problem.
7 ways to prevent and kill foot fungus
- Look for footwear that allows proper breathability and favours ventilation. Closed shoes or synthetic materials that do not allow proper ventilation of the foot should be avoided.
- Follow appropriate measures of hygiene. We often do not give importance to cleaning our feet. Every day you should wash them with soap and rinse them in the shower. Dry your feet well to avoid putting on shoes with traces of moisture that promote microbial growth.
- Never wear the same socks two days in a row. Our feet sweat, especially in summer, and that sweat and the germs it contains are impregnated in our socks. Every time you use them you will have to change and wash them. If you sweat a lot, you can change socks several times throughout the day to avoid the appearance of these annoying fungi.
- Never go barefoot on wet surfaces where other people come into contact, such as public showers, swimming pools, changing rooms, etc.
- If you sweat a lot, use drying powder to prevent athlete’s foot if you are susceptible to it, or anti fungal powder if you already have it.
- If you have already caught fungi, periodically disinfect your footwear. Use Shoe Disinfectant – Fresh Scent suitable for all types of footwear. Its disinfecting formula acts quickly and effectively to help you eliminate up to 99.9% of germs from your footwear. It is important to disinfect the interior area since this can remain moist for a longer time and therefore encourage the fungi to stay there and cause a reinfection or transmission to a healthy foot.
- It is not advisable to exchange hygiene tools for hands and feet, such as nail clippers, with other people since if that other person has foot fungus, they could easily transmit it to you through these tools.
With these simple tips you can prevent the appearance of fungi on the feet and, if you already have them, you can also get rid of them.