In order to be able to carry out proper hygiene at home, it is important that you know how to disinfect a house, working more on the areas that are usually most contaminated, to optimise time and carry out a deeper disinfection where it is most necessary.
The 9 most polluted areas of the house, according to a study by the UB:
- The toilet is the most contaminated area of the home since it is the area of the house with the highest bacterial load.
- Scourers and kitchen cloths. They can accumulate as many micro-organisms as the toilet and are only properly disinfected in 20% of homes. They are great transmitters of micro-organisms to other surfaces that are already clean.
- The sink, on the other hand, can contain 100,000 times more germs than the bathroom washbasin and is in constant contact with our food.
- In the taps, bathtubs and rubbers of the washing machines appears the so-called “biofilm”, formed by the accumulation of different bacteria and which is highly polluting. Do not miss our post on how to clean the bathtub in two steps.
- Did you know that toothbrushes and their glasses harbour countless germs? Their disinfection is urgent since we put them directly in our mouths. The micro-organisms in toothbrushes are the cause of cavities or herpes.
- Cutting boards and knives can create a chain of cross contamination that affects food and our body. If, for example, we use the same cutting board for chicken and then for salad lettuce, we will be contaminating the salad with the pathogens that raw meat contains.
- The frequent use of the technological devices that surround us, such as computers, contaminate them with up to 450 bacteria per key. Eating near the computer, for example, encourages the growth of micro-organisms.
- Furniture and doorknobs are the major contributors to the transmission of influenza and other respiratory viruses.
- Children’s toys and accessories may also be contaminated. If you want to know how to disinfect your baby’s toys, we recommend reading our specific post.
For all these cases it is important that you have your Sanytol household disinfectant products on hand. Above all, you should never miss the Multi-purpose Spray to be able to attack any of these areas quickly and effectively.
It is easy to know how to disinfect a house once you know the most contaminated areas and thus be able to kill any germs and bacteria that there may be.