BASKETS AND BLANKETS
It is important to wash and disinfect blankets and animal baskets regularly to prevent the proliferation of mites, fleas and other parasites.
Wash these separately from your laundry. If the basket has a cover, remove it first. Machine wash the cover and blankets at at least 60°C. You can also use SANYTOL Laundry Disinfectant or Disinfectant Detergent which eliminates 99.9% bacteria and fungi as of 20°C.
If your dog’s basket is not machine washable, you can use SANYTOL Animal Smell Deodorant Disinfectant. In addition to eliminating microbes, it is specially formulated to eliminate unpleasant animal smells and leaves no aggressive residue on textiles.
Your pet should have a clean bowl in which to eat and drink. Clean and disinfect its bowls regularly, without forgetting to rinse them well. For this you can use SANYTOL Multi-Purpose Protective Disinfectant which will eliminate dirt and microbes in one go.
Our companions’ toys are often full of slime, dirt and germs. Clean and disinfect their toys regularly. Always rinse well and allow toys to dry before giving them back to your animal. For this you can use SANYTOL Multi-Purpose Protective Disinfectant.
Clean cuddly toys by hand or machine. In either case, you can use SANYTOL Laundry Disinfectant or Disinfectant Detergentwhich eliminates 99.9% of bacteria, fungi and H1N1 viruses as of 20°C.
LITTERS AND CAGES
Thoroughly clean and disinfect the your pets’ litter box and cages about once a month. Empty it and spray a bleach-free disinfectant cleaning product such as SANYTOL Multi-Purpose Protective Disinfectant.
Avoid cleaning with bleach as it can release toxic fumes on contact with the ammonia (urine) there might be in the litter or cage. If possible, avoid doing this in the kitchen sink or your bathtub, otherwise these surfaces will also have to be disinfected.
- After stroking or touching an animal, wash your hands in water with a SANYTOL soap for at least 20 second to kill all micro-organisms. If you do not have access to water, you can also use SANYTOL Disinfectant Gels or Wipes.
- Make sure your pets are vaccinated and treated against ticks, fleas, worms and other parasites.
- Animals that may bite or scratch must be approached with care to avoid any risk. Disinfect all scratches or bites with an antiseptic product. If the bite is from an unknown animal, it is best to see a doctor.
- Avoid sleeping with an animal in its bed or in its room.
- Avoid feeding your animal off your plate, allowing it to lick your face, and stroking it while eating.
- Wash and brush your pet regularly.