Do you know how the smell of sweat is caused? Sweat at its source is odourless. What causes the bad smell in the body, like when we sweat, are the bacteria that are part of our natural bacterial flora, which feed on the sweat itself. The apocrine sweat glands are found mostly in the armpits. Here humidity, body sebum and dirt provide a favourable environment for bacteria to grow in greater proportion. By feeding on our sweat, bad-smelling waste substances are generated, which is what we commonly know as a bad smell of sweat.
With these 5 simple steps you will eliminate the smell of sweat from clothes by attacking the root of the problem:
- Do not leave your garments smelling of sweat in the laundry basket since this can promote the spread of bacteria. If you are away from home, we recommend that you always carry a bag to store sweaty clothing and separate it from other things until you can wash it.
- Wash your garments as soon as possible. In these cases, the longer the garment smells of sweat, the more the bacteria it causes will penetrate the textile and the more difficult it will be to remove the smell. If you cannot wash the clothes immediately, let them air. This will weaken the bad smell and therefore make it easier to remove.
- Use a high temperature (60ºC) wash cycle if your clothes allow it, to be sure that the high temperature of the water, in addition to Sanytol’s disinfecting power, kills all the germs there may be in your clothes.
- If high temperature washing is not possible, use Laundry Disinfectant – White Flowers. Choose the most suitable washing programme for the type of garment and add 80 ml of Laundry Disinfectant – White Flowers to the fabric softener compartment. This product kills 99.9% of germs that cause bad smells, such as the smell of sweat.
- Hang the laundry as soon as the wash cycle is finished. This is ideally done outdoors, but if this is not possible, either due to limitations or bad weather, you will have to do it indoors. It is very important that you let it dry completely before gathering it up and storing it to avoid any traces of moisture that may favour the proliferation of micro-organisms and cause the bad smell to reappear on your clothes.
As you can see, these 5 simple steps will be enough to eliminate the unpleasant smell of sweat on your clothes. Also, by using Sanytol in your washes, you will ensure that your laundry has a pleasant aroma that perfumes all your clothes.